Favorite Movie Quote: America's Sweethearts (2001)

Lee: You look fabulous.
Kiki: Thank you.
Lee: Look at you. What did you do? Is it your hair? What is it?
Kiki: It's my hair, and, err... I had a little sun.
Gwen: [bored] She lost sixty pounds.
[pause]
Kiki: And... And... And I lost a little weight.
Lee: I see that. Yeah. You look terrific.
Kiki: Thank you.
Lee: Sixty pounds?
Kiki: Yeah.
Lee: That's a Backstreet Boy!

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Weighing In - Week One


Discouraging encouragement. Encouraging discouragement. I'm not sure which statement better describes how I feel at this moment. It's gratifying to see a downward shift on the scale but I have to wonder if it was just water weight, and if it was, why didn't I lose more?

In all fairness, I didn't start the heavy exercising until Wednesday, that's only four days ago. But I still feel all that sweating would have, could have, should have at least dropped me down below 190lbs. Maybe this is just some sort of 'beginners blues.' I think secretly I had hoped to have dropped an amazing 5 to 10 lbs and this is reality bonking me on the head chiding, "Silly girl, weight loss like that is only on TV." Maybe this is going to be harder than it looks. Maybe this is going to take longer than I'd hoped. Mope... mope... mope...

Wait! Hold up! This isn't so bad! Think about it. Maybe I'm lucky. I've heard the 'horror' stories of people actually gaining weight their first week of a weight loss program. I've read about people staying exactly the same weight. Man, now that would really bite! I can't imagine doing all that hard work and dieting to have the scale say, "Sorry kiddo. Nothing's changed." Maybe I should be thrilled! In four days of real exercise I was able to lose almost 2 lbs. At a rate of 2 lbs per week, I could be at my target weight by Halloween! Yes, I think I'm OK with this weigh in after all. It might just be 'slow and steady' who wins this race.

Until next time, thanks to all my friends, fans, and cheerleaders. I am greatly motivated by your support. I'm still looking for recipe posts on the OneLessFatGirl Facebook Page. You can find the recipe section on the 'Discussions' tab. Also, you can find us on the OneLessFatGirl Twitter Page. My next blog here will be the final installation of 'Excuses, Excuses, Excuses," so stay tuned. Thanks again!

No comments:

Post a Comment