Favorite Movie Quote: America's Sweethearts (2001)

Lee: You look fabulous.
Kiki: Thank you.
Lee: Look at you. What did you do? Is it your hair? What is it?
Kiki: It's my hair, and, err... I had a little sun.
Gwen: [bored] She lost sixty pounds.
[pause]
Kiki: And... And... And I lost a little weight.
Lee: I see that. Yeah. You look terrific.
Kiki: Thank you.
Lee: Sixty pounds?
Kiki: Yeah.
Lee: That's a Backstreet Boy!

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Weighing In - Week Fifteen


"I think I can. I think I can. I think I can." I feel like The Little Blue Engine That Could, chugging along, slowly but surely. It's truly amazing how the pounds are just melting off and I'm really not even thinking about it!

On that note- no, I haven't worked out this week. In fact, my poor elliptical has been gathering dust since I've become so busy getting ready for another birthday party, a fifth grade graduation and the end of the school year in general for the other kids. I'm hoping to reconnect with my friend, the elliptical, in the next few days but I make no promises.

This week I moved from the classroom (phase 1) to the salon floor (phase 2) at school. Instead of sitting at a desk, learning cosmetology theory, for most of my day, I'm on my feet for nearly nine hours straight. Thank goodness I've lost a significant amount of weight or my feet and back would be killing me right now! I foresee continued weight loss due to the amount of moving around (hair cutting and coloring is really a full body activity!) I'll be doing for the next seven months.

And of course, the heat has finally come to town and so I've been drinking water like there's no tomorrow. Water... it's such a life saver to the dieter! And Oh! How I love summertime. It's shorts and tank top season which in itself is motivation to hit the gym! Definitely my goal for this week - work on the arms. I could use some more definition and a little less padding in the upper arm areas.

I should mention, I hit a couple of major milestones this week besides graduating out of the classroom! When I started this blog back in February, I was wearing a size 16 pant. What got me truly motivated back then (beside my doctor's scoldings) was that those pants were getting uncomfortably too tight. On Friday, I did something I rarely do. I bought myself new clothes. Ask anyone, I hate shopping. I especially hate shopping for myself. In fact, I was only going to go to the store to buy a belt since my regular school pants were in the wash and I had to resort to wearing my size 16 slacks to school, which were on the verge of falling off all morning. I was literally able to pull them off and on without unbuttoning or unzipping them. Upon arriving at the store, I had a moment of genius. I decided that since I NEVER want to wear a size 16 again I would buy a new pair of pants instead of a belt. I'm thrilled to say that I am a very comfortable size 12! Believe me, I did a little happy dance when those suckers slid on without hopping around or sucking in to zip them up! But not only am I two sizes smaller in pants, I did something last Monday that I haven't done in over four years. I bought a swim suit! This is a MAJOR accomplishment for me. It's like I'm a whole new woman! I'm no longer buying XXL or shopping in the plus size sections anymore! I'm able to wear the L size in the regular departments! I have made a goal that I would like to be down to a size 10 by my birthday in August. I'm not sure I'll be able to make it but I believe that it is achievable and that is half the battle. Fingers crossed!

As for my diet, believe it or not, I stopped counting calories awhile ago. I really couldn't tell you what my intake is at this point. All I know is that nearly all the foods I eat are healthy and good for me in one way or another. I no longer have a problem passing up the bagels and doughnuts that are so often brought into school and if I do splurge it's in real moderation. I'm telling you, it's been a serious lifestyle change and one that I don't even really notice that much anymore!

I just started using these "fake meat" alternatives to cook some "regular" or non-diet meals. They're all soy protein products that naturally have less fat and low calorie counts. So far, my favorites are the "Meatless Grounds" (like ground beef) and "Morning Star Farms Soy Protein Grillers" (like hamburgers.) The Safeway by my home doesn't offer much of a selection of meat alternatives, so I'm going to go investigating today (while the kids are at a birthday party) and see how the other local grocery stores compare in price and selection.

I must mention that trying to eat "real foods" again such as tacos and burgers (the vegetarian way) has been a shock on my system. I've been eating light foods, such as soups and salads, for so long that a whole veggie burger is too much for me and I get that uncomfortably full feeling half way through. This being the case, I don't think I'll be eating these heavier meals very often. Maybe once a week.

Well, another week, another couple pounds lost. It's off to get some cleaning done around the house so I can spend some time at the pool this afternoon. Thanks to all my wonderful friends, family and fans who have been supportive since day one. You're the best. Here's to wishing all of you a happy and wonderfully sunny week!

Weekly weight loss: 2 pounds
Total weight loss: 28 pounds

No comments:

Post a Comment