Favorite Movie Quote: America's Sweethearts (2001)

Lee: You look fabulous.
Kiki: Thank you.
Lee: Look at you. What did you do? Is it your hair? What is it?
Kiki: It's my hair, and, err... I had a little sun.
Gwen: [bored] She lost sixty pounds.
[pause]
Kiki: And... And... And I lost a little weight.
Lee: I see that. Yeah. You look terrific.
Kiki: Thank you.
Lee: Sixty pounds?
Kiki: Yeah.
Lee: That's a Backstreet Boy!

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Fat Girl Takes a Stand

It's 1 a.m. and I can't sleep. Instead of surfing the 'net for fabulous heels which I love to buy but never wear, I've decided to start a blog.

Why do I buy shoes and never wear them? Well - I absolutely adore shoes... and I'm fat. Not just chunky or heavy or thick but all-out OBESE. As you can see from my picture taken just moments ago, I'm 193 lbs. Now this probably wouldn't be a problem if I were 6 feet tall or so. But I'm not. I'm 5 feet and one-half inch. As you can probably imagine, I am no longer able to attractively fit my sausage-like feet into strappy stilettos or peek-a-boo pumps. Twenty minutes in anything over a one inch heel and it feels like I'm walking over broken glass. I mostly live in flip-flops and sneakers these days.

Why the blog? I'm taking back my life (and my love for shoes) by committing to losing 68 lbs. You, the readers, are my witnesses. I'm going to use a combination of diet modification, regular exercise and good old fashioned embarrassment to shed these extra pounds. Really, what's more embarrassing than sharing your true weight (not the one listed on your drivers license) with complete strangers around the world? So, come on! Take this journey with me. Misery loves company, so if you're trying to lose weight too, we can do this together! I'm looking for cheerleaders to help keep me motivated and on track but if you'd rather be a jeer leader, I could probably use a few of those too.

As either Lao-Tzu or Confucius once said, "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." Mine was off the scale and onto the world wide web.

1 comment:

  1. You are very brave for posting a picture of your scales for the whole world to see. I'm not sure I'd have the courage to do that. I started off at 191 and am 5 foot 4 so not a lot different you where you are.

    Good luck, and happy losing.

    ReplyDelete